Sunday, April 23, 2006

Dare to quit job ? - Part III

Aftermath
After the disastrous tragedy of losing RM 60K of my auntie’s money, I was left stranded and my rented room. The room was situated at Jalan Walter Greenier, KL just behind Lot 10. Staying alone for five months and have to go through one of most difficult times in my life is really bad. I think for people who used to be around their loved ones and family couldn’t survive for another 5 months. There was no one to talk to and no one to listen to your problems. It really can make you going crazy. I can’t imagine what Robinson Crusoe feels. I’m ending up crying by myself in that cubicle. Its only one single bed without bed frame, a self made wardrobe, an old armchair and my beloved PC (can’t live without it) which I bought from a banglas and Indons couple who plan to runaway from their room. Luckily that time my girlfriend is around and she lives at government quarters, Jalan Chan Ah Tong, Brickfields. But the problem is she’s still studying at UUM. She’s the one who don’t let me go back but keep on looking for another job since I’m already at KL. So the solution now is I have to find a job, immediate job. I went to Metrojaya, BB bringing my SPM and apply for a sales assistant position. Thank god they took me in although questioning my SPM result. Just told them I don’t have the money to further my studies. I was attached to shoes department whereas I have to make sure the display is good and clean. Polished the shoes and check the available stocks when customers ask for different size. Sometimes I have to help customer fit the shoes and it’s a value added services offered. A lot of customers were happy with that treatment and few ask me why I worked there? Those compliments simply raise my motivation back and I barely know anybody there. Just do my job and go home. Maybe it’s nothing to talk about and my working colleague don’t have any interest talking to me (I’m a talkative person in fact). The salary is RM 700 and it’s sufficient for me to pay the RM 300 room rental plus some pocket money for my expenditure and some money to print my resumeJ. Jobstreet.com is still unavailable that time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home