Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Dare to quit job ? - Part I

Preview
I've been working since 1999. So it's been 7 years now. I had tendered 24hrs resignation on Friday 24th February 2006 and I'm no longer employed now. Graduated in 99' from Universiti Utara Malaysia (www.uum.edu.my) - Business Admin and majoring in Marketing. Since the beginning it always my dream to become rich...very rich...because I’m from a "not so rich" family. My father is a headmaster and my mum is a homemaker which runs a stall selling Nasi Lemak at Pekan Sehari Temerloh every sunday (www.pahang.gov.my/mptemerloh/PEKAN%20SEHARI.htm) (www.tourismmalaysia.gov.my/cuti-cutimalaysia/3fp.htm).

The beginning
Quickly after graduated I was very eager looking for a job. Have a brief experience after SPM by working for Kotashah Family Restaurant (doesn't exist anymore, located in front of old Temerloh bus stand, the same row with Happy Fried Chicken) a rebranding of Marrybrown by this guy name Shah (En Shah where r u ?). I guess everyone out there have the experienced sweating like hell mopping the floor. So tiring but it's a good learning curve and preparations if I don't get a good grade for SPM. This is the first time I’m able to buy my own clothes. Still remember the "loose cut" Edwin Jeans and Dr Martini boots (looking for Dr Martens actually). RM 700 is good money !!. To Oulu - "Do u remember Azah ?"


The intern’s
Practical training sounds fun. In 1997 , I had undergone 2 months training with BMG Music (M) SB as a trainee. Yes its fun, being able to mingle with artist but the truth is Malaysian showbiz is very small. Everybody knows everybody. My job function was as PRO - Public Relation Officer not GRO !!. I remembered went to Studio C, Jalan Liku Bangsar with Wings (Minus Awie) and Radio ERA still haven't started the transmissions. If u really like listening to radio then there is one job listening to radio from 9-6 but all channels. I'll get u the details :).

The disaster
The first month after completed my Degree, I was aimless and restless. Don’t know what to do. I remembered it was March but convo was in August. So it was like 6 months to go. I don't want going to convocation jobless !! Still remembers listening to Sudirman songs "Aku hanya penganggur" during the last 2 weeks at UUM. Due to boredom, I packed my bags and heading to Seremban to my auntie's house. Toured around Seremban but still couldn't find a job. Nobody wants to give job without experience although u has a degree. It was 97' Asia Financial Crisis aftermath and the job market is very bad (until now ?). No choice has to "naik" KL and the disaster waiting......To be continuing in Part II

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course, i do remember 'Azah'!! hahhahaha!!

keep on blogging! it's already bookmarked.

oulu

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home